Based in Toulouse, France
A Thief's Melody is a 3D cartoon adventure/stealth game with a contemplative atmosphere. It's a tribute to old adventure games like "Beyond Good and Evil" and "Zelda Windwaker"; it features exploration, dialogs, fights, puzzles, collectibles and huge Boss battles...
When he was young Mathias was a big fan of Zelda, even if he could only play it / see it at friends. This really sparkled his imagination on wonderful and magic worlds to explore. Then he discovered Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, which heavily influenced his way of seeing the world, and also his sense of humour some might say. Mathias grew up in countryside, near nature and animals, and with his brother, he used to explore the surrounding forests, discovering caves, rocks and hidden places. One day, he learnt that Miyamoto did the same when he was a kid. Then he fell in love with Rayman 2 and Beyond Good and Evil, both creations of Michel Ancel, an awesome French designer. Finally, while he was still trying to make games as a hobby, Mathias discovered Aquaria, one of the very first successful indie games, made by only 2 passionate people.
Then all these inspirations suddenly struck him, and made him realise that he could make a game for real.
No surprise he ended up trying to make a game like A Thief's Melody, which, in some ways, is the expression of all his past experiences and aspirations. But aren't we all aspiring to our kid's dreams?
- In an ocean-covered world, play a young thief studying at the Thief Guild.
- Learn various skills: climbing, stealth, fight, bow, bombs, grapple and much more !
- Confront or avoid pirates, guards and robots
- Freely explore a cartoon open world
- Collect gemstones, paintings and flowers
- Cure ill animals all over the world
- Defy giant Guardians during epic battles
- Save the world! Er no, I mean Be a true hero. Er no I mean Help your sister. Well, you have to start somewhere...
- Oh, yeah! And ride a cool turtle!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Game of my heart winner." Me when I was a kid
- "Definitely The best indie game I've played in years"
- "Fukin awesome! i shall await this game"
- The Connoisseur,
- "For some reason I really liked the ambience of the game, felt peaceful ^^"
- Mr Shooty,
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available on Itch.io
The Dev Blog updated during developing
About Oneiric Worlds
Oneiric Worlds is a video game studio founded in 2010 by Mathias Fontmarty. Its goal is to create feel good games that inspire people.
More information on Oneiric Worlds, our logo & relevant media are available here.
A Thief's Melody Credits