World of Ninjas is a hardcore stealth game that I created in 2 weeks, when I was tired of working on "A Thief Melody". In each level, your goal is to get 1 or more swords and get out in one piece. All environments can be destroyed, and guard are very reactive.
The game is made with Unity in C# and allowed me to work on 2 main points:
- enemy behaviour and the field of view management
- real-time pathfinding in destuctible environments
- Arrows or [zqsd]: move the character
- Space : secondary weapon menu
- Mouse wheel: zoom
- Left click: sword
- Right click: secondary weapon / throw a picked up object
- Middle click: pick up a body or an object.
The game has 10 levels, but you can add some with Paint or any simple painting program. Indeed, every level is saved as a PNG file with a precise color code for each gameplay element:
- Use Paint or whatever image software you like to create a PNG file with a black background in the "Levels" directory. Levels don't need to be huge to be fun; 100x100px is already enough, but you can create whatever size you want.
- Blue (0,0,255): player (it's the minimum requirement for a level to be playable)
- Red (255,0,0): enemy. Don't put too much of them, it can slow down the game, but it depends on the power of your computer...
- Yellow (255,255,0): path for the enemies. An enemy will follow a path if he's just NEXT TO a yellow pixel. You can use a single yellow pixel to make an enemy move to it an look in that direction.
- Grey (128,128,128): wall
- White (255,255,255): goal (sword). You can set multiple goals if you want
- Purple 1 (255,0,255) : life bonus
- Purple 2 (255,64,255) : ammo bonus
- Purple 3 (255,128,255) : bomb bonus
- Purple 4 (255,192,255): mine bonus
- Green (0,255,128): a cherry tree:)